What’s better on a cold January morning than quiche?
Maybe a cup of hot coffee to go with it. 😉
Breakfast casserole, frittata, quiche, a slice of heaven . . . call it what you will, it’s hard to go wrong by.
If you’ve been following me this month, you know that Whole30 is in full swing in our household. We are on day 9, and honestly it has been an incredible start to our New Year!
This Paleo & Whole30 quiche has been one of our favorite breakfasts that we will definitely continue to enjoy long after this round of Whole30 is over.
This dish is very forgiving, so feel free to get creative and substitute veggies for others or to use different seasonings depending on what you have on hand and what your taste buds prefer.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (nitrate-, gluten-, & sugar-free)
- 1 thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 chopped orange pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 C unsweetened almond/coconut milk
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- small bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- freshly ground salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 9×13 dish.
- Cook breakfast sausage in cast iron skillet, set aside.
- Using same skillet, saute onions, pepper, and garlic until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine and whisk together eggs, milk, and seasonings in separate bowl, set aside.
- Transfer cooked onions, pepper, and garlic mixture to bottom of casserole pan.
- Next, layer fresh spinach over the cooked vegetables.
- Add the cooked breakfast sausage.
- Top with chopped tomato and sliced green onions.
- Lastly, pour in the whisked egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Quiche should be browned on edges and bubbly in center. Slightly cool before serving. Enjoy!
Please leave a comment if you try out my recipe, I’d love to know how it turns out for you! Suggestions for alterations are always welcome. 🙂