Good morning beautiful friends! ❤
Mornings are starting to be my most favorite part of the day. This is HUGE because I am not a morning person at. all. Owen wakes me up at 7 on the dot every morning, and I *sometimes* bring him into bed with me with hopes that he will snuggle and go back to sleep . . . but this usually just turns into a face smacking situation (until my eyes are open) gone tickle session.
It’s the best way to wake up, and I wouldn’t trade it for a single minute of more sleep. 🙂
In other news, this is day 10 of January Whole30, people! That means we are 1/3 of the way through! WhooHOO!
How’s it going, you ask? INCREDIBLE. I feel amazing, and that’s what Whole30 is all about. I’ve followed a Paleo’ish diet for a long time, but had fallen off the clean-eating bandwagon during the holiday season. Hello sweets. So I really wanted to jump-start my New Year with a program that would hold me accountable.
Apart from feeling great (no inflammation, headaches, & other autoimmune flare-up symptoms!), I’ve fallen back IN LOVE with whole foods. I’ve been getting pretty creative lately with what’s on hand, and wanted to share my latest favorite concoction.
It’s pretty simple. As in there are basically four ingredients simple. 😉 And there will be leftovers for DAYS. Your welcome!
SWEET POTATO HASH WITH KALE, APPLE, & BACON
- Half a bunch of kale, rinsed & roughly chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 8 slices of bacon (Whole30 compliant), cooked & chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored & cubed
- Ground cinnamon & sea salt, to taste
- Ghee or fat/oil of choice, for sauteeing
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add ghee or compliant fat/oil of choice.
- Peel & cube sweet potato into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Add sweet potato to pan and saute on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in separate pan.
- Core and cube apples; rinse and chop kale.
- Once sweet potatoes begin to tender, add apples to pan.
- Season with ground cinnamon & sea salt. (I used about 1/4 tsp., ea.)
- Remove cooked bacon and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess grease; chop.
- When the sweet potatoes and apples are almost cooked through, add the cooked bacon and chopped kale.
- Saute sweet potato, apple, bacon, and kale together until all ingredients are tender. Enjoy!
Let me know how this turns out for you!
Have your own favorite breakfast concoction? Please share in the comments!